Ready for the Day

These HOT temps that we've been having are giving me the opportunity to do things a little differently. Yes, I am talking about my daily routine, mostly the chores but when that routine changes, so do others.

Laundry: to help make sure we don't have a black out I have started doing the wash late at night and then drying them in the early am. It has taken me a good week to get into a rhythm, but I am doing better this week.

Cleaning : to make the most of my time with the boys I am attempting to get things done in one lump..taking 2-3 hours on one day, getting it all done and doing light maintance during the week. This is actually working out well for me..might keep it going after summer.

Dishes: a friend of mine makes sure that she empties the dishwasher before going to bed. This way it's all done and empty in the am; I have always liked this idea and am FINALLY using it. It's so nice to wake up knowing that I DON'T have dishes to do first thing. (I am also cleaning the kitchen at this time, counters, stove, any other little things to be done.

Usually I am not very thankful for the heat, but this summer I'll give it a little credit. It's helped me make simple changes that are really making a difference.

Comments

Popular Posts