12 Memories of 2011

I have seen many "top ten" posts for 2011 on some of my favorite blogs. Many of them have featured top ten crafts, projects or posts. I thought it would be fun to read over the last years posts and come up with my own spin on the "top ten list".

I decided to share a fun memory from each month, so I give you my "top 12 memories of 2011"

January ~ a great snow day! We took the boys sledding for the day. Packed a lunch, extra clothes, sleds and snow gear and headed up north. It was a fabulous day! We had a beautiful sunshine day and so many laughs.

February ~ a visit with my grandma! We were fortunate enough to visit with my grandma the week before she went to heaven. I feel so grateful for the Lord's timing of our visit. We made great memories with her and the boys. A trip I will not forget.

March ~ swimming in winter! We were invited to an indoor swimming party in the winter and loved it! It was so fun to feel warm and splash around even though it was cold outside. (we might have to make this a new winter tradition)

April ~ Florida trip! Our family vacation was to Florida. The boys were so surprised to go toe DisneyWorld and the Kennedy Space Center. It was a super fun filled week that they still talk about. Love these family moments!

May ~ we bought a new house! We signed the papers, picked out all the colors, carpet, tile, cabinets and so much more. It was quite a process at the design center. So exciting to buy a brand new home!

June ~ a week in Tahoe! We spent a week in Tahoe for a quiet relaxing time. We celebrated my hubby's birthday with my parents, all our boys & Amy, we played in the snow (yup, in June), we had a rainy day or two and we swam in the pools! We experienced winter, spring, summer & fall in one week..such crazy weather for June. Made it that more memorable.

July ~ my sister was here for 5 weeks! We all enjoyed the best July! The kids had a fantastic time getting to know their cousins, my sister and I loved hanging out, we went to the beach, camping, spent the day at the lake for dad's birthday, took a road trip and so much more. We had the best time with them!

August ~ miss patches joined our family. We found this cutie pie jack russel online and couldn't resist. Miss Patches has been so fun! She has energy to keep up with the boys, taunt Oreo and gives out kisses all day! She's a great addition to our family!

September ~ we moved! After 10 years of being at our first home, we moved into our brand new home and love, love, love it! It has more space, more cabinets and more yard. We are feeling settled in and just loving it!

October ~ soccer Saturday! My hubby gave Saturdays a new name this year...S-O-C-C-E-R S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y !!! And he would say it with a drawn out loud voice..the boys loved it. It meant 2 fun filled games each day, packed lunches at times, cheering and more cheering and tons of fun! We are a soccer family and wouldn't have it any other way!

November ~ thankful notes. I enjoyed writing down what I was thankful for each day. It really brings a new look on the day when you start out by thinking of what you are thankful for. Such a positive way to look at things. It also made me even more aware of hoe incredibly blessed I am. God has overflowed my life with love, kindness and grace...I can't begin to express how deeply grateful I am.

December ~ having Christmas at home! I loved having our family at our home for Christmas! It was so fun to have everyone here. There was actually enough room to all sit in the dining room (love this house), we enjoyed a delicious meal, we enjoyed lots of laughter, we enjoyed just being together. It was a blessed Christmas indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts