Summer Fun

Our Summer doesn't officially start for another 6 school days
but I am starting to put together some ideas 
to keep these guys entertained.
(there will be some learning too but disguised as fun)

About 2 years ago I started doing a theme a week for a twist on summer fun.
It has been great for the boys & I 
and it gives us all something to look forward to each week.

Here's what I have come up with so far:
Free Week
(we only have 3 days the first week, so they'll be very flexible)
Legends, Castles & Dragons
Mad Science
(they just attended an after school program & really enjoyed it
so I thought it would be fun to experiment at home)
America the Beautiful
Nature Week
(we always do this the week we go camping, gets us in the mood)
Things That Go
Ocean Wonders
(we are going to try and see a tide pool this week, I'm so excited already)
Our World/Olympics
Space Week
Building & Creating

I have written down a few ideas for each week;
crafts, activities, cooking, movies, etc.

I try and keep it flexible.
This way we can fit in park fun, play dates & swimming too!

What fun things do you have in mind for your summer?

Comments

Popular Posts