Art Lesson

So I signed up to be an Art Docent this year for the first grade. I really didn't know what it involoved when I put my name on the list, just thought it would be fun to help with a project or two. Little did I know that when you are the docent you TEACH the art lesson!!
This had me quite nervous at first. But a new friend, a mom who has done this volunteer position for a few years, offered to help me out! Thank goodness for good friends!
Our first lesson was on Self Portraits. V taught the lesson this time, although I did read the material so I would be prepared to follow along. She spoke for about 5 minutes on 4 pieces of art and the kids asked a few questions. It was great to see them paying attention and wanting to know more.
Next it was time for me to get some hands on fun.
We had the kids create a self portrait of themselves, using mirrors, construction paper, crayons, and fun!
I am happy to say that all our kids did a great job, had fun and thanked us for a great time!

Here is our guy working on his project!




Turned out pretty good I say!

Comments

Popular Posts