Family Reading Night

Tonight R & I went to Family Reading Night at his school. From 6:30 until 8:00 pm, the library was the place to be. There was pizza & a drink for $2, such a deal, a raffle to enter for a new book and of course the reading.
We got there about 7ish, entered his name into the drawing and then settled down to read a few good books. We took turns reading sentences, that is how is enjoys reading this week. I just love sitting down with him and reading. I could read all day, that's how much I love it. I hope that he picks this up from me, that would be so great.
As we were getting ready to go, they were drawing names from the raffle and guess who won a book? That's right, R did ! He picked out "Shoo Fly Guy" by Tedd Arnold. We read it at bedtime tonight. It was a cute story, we just might have a new favorite (at least for this week) !

Comments

Popular Posts