Year Round Decorating

I grew up in a home where my Mom had decorations for every occasion. Winter, Valentine's, Spring, Easter, you name it, she has something to put out. If you were to go and stop by her home today, it is all set for Spring and Easter.

I always enjoyed this growing up. It was so fun to help put them out and see what transformation the house was going to take. My sister and I had favorite spots where we put certain things out in the same place every year. (giggle giggle)

I have been wanting to carry on this tradition in our home. We have been married for almost 10 years (we celebrate in June) and I have managed to do a decent job of creating Christmas in our home. We have a pretty good selection of decorations and I enjoying making it feel so festive. But as for the rest of the year, well it is definitely lacking.

So this year I decided I was going to make some changes. They will be small changes at first, because it takes a lot to purchase all those decorations, but fun ones. So far I have mostly kept the decorating to our dining room. It is at the front of the house, but also in the middle, so the decorations can be seen from several rooms.

Here is my January Winter Centerpiece.
the runner has snowflakes all over it
there are little snowflake napkin ring holders with blue candles in them
the pinecones we collected from a trip to tahoe


Here is our February LOVE Centerpiece.
the runner was made by me from my fabric stash
the huricane was a gift from hubby
the heart tins were filled with candy for all


I am planning on making a spring runner this week from my little half triangle pieces that I have from making the siggy blocks. I am looking forward to coming up with a fun design for that. Not sure what else will be out to complete the centerpiece, but I am sure it will come to me. I also need to think about venturing out and putting things on our mantle. Suggestions are welcome !

Comments

Popular Posts