Car Cover

I don't know if I mentioned that I got a new mini van in November.
The older van was in need of too many repairs so we said goodbye & are now enjoying our fabulous new van. The boys love it because they have 2 video screens to watch movies. They would say the best part is being able to play the Wii in the van on long car trips. (I must say that is pretty cool, even if I can't play while driving)
In an effort to keep the car looking new I decided to make a floor cover for the back half of the van. (my girlfriend thinks I am silly but I plan on having this van look good for a long time. The kids haven't been allowed to eat anything in it to date. Water only. )

So I went and purchased some vinyl fabric at Joann's.

(it's already been cut a little at this point)

I measured the van in between and around the seats. Sewed on some velcro patches so that sections can be removed as needed for cleaning. Now we are ready for a road trip and maybe just maybe the boys will be able to have a small snack while in the van. :)


It's a little hard to see but the vinyl is covering the entire floor.


Here's a small flap to show how it comes apart with the velcro.

I am so pleased with how it all turned out. I feel so much better about keeping the floor clean and protected.
I am also happy because this is my third finished project of the year!



Comments

Popular Posts