Thankful for a "Mommy" Day

Today is a "Mommy" Day. It is one of those days where you drop whatever else was going on to take care of your kids.
Our oldest is coming home tonight. He has pneumothorax and needs to have x-rays done. I didn't sleep well last night. I was too busy worrying and praying for him to have a good night's rest with no complications. It is times like these when I wish he were at home so that I can be watching over him and taking care of him. I'll feel much better once he's home.
Our middle son woke up with a fever, sore throat and has now been "sick". I am praying it is the 24 hour bug that has been going around. I feel for him. He isn't an easy sick kid. I think he gets that from me.  He needs lots of nurturing, quiet time, rest & cuddles. I am thankful that I am able to be home to be here for him when he needs this attention.
Our little guy is not ill, thank heaven, but he is needing some attention too. Afterall, if big brother is getting blankets, pillows & animals, he needs them too.

Even though this isn't going to be the most fun "Mommy" Day, I am thankful to be here with them. I am thankful that my husband's hard work provides for me to be home with our boys. I am thankful for all the blessings that are gifts from God.

Comments

Popular Posts