Letters For Grandma

We should have had the boys start this a long time ago, but I suppose better late than never will have to do.

We sat down with the boys tonight and worked on writing letters to their Great Grandmas. I love the idea of sitting down with them each month and teaching them about family, sharing & giving.
Since it was our first time to sit and write a letter, it took a little longer than I thought. But once we started talking about what we wanted to tell them, share with them and ask them, it became more fun.
They also made some pictures to send along with their letters. I am already looking foward to when they get something back in the mail. I know they'll love that. What child doesn't love getting a card in the mail..I know I did!


M drawing his pictures


R writing his letter

I hope that this will become a tradition that they learn to love as much as I already do.
(I made copies of R's letters so that I'll be able to look back on how his writing style progresses)

Comments

Popular Posts