Excused !

Today I was summoned to appear for jury duty service. The last 2 times I have received a summons in the mail I have had to go in and sit there for at least 6 hours. Today was different. I believe that God was with me today. As the judge is going through the rows hearing reasons of hardship, I can tell he is not in the mood to let people get out of their service duty. A few were let go, who had surgeries scheduled, or a cruise vacation already paid for. As I waited for it to be my turn, I thought to myself, how will I find care for my kids for a 5 day trial? How will I get the boys to school and be at court at the same time.
So then came my turn. I explained that I have 2 small children and that I would need to find childcare for 4-5 hours for my 6 yr old and all day care for the 3 yr old. I mentioned having a friend who might be able to help, but didn't know if she was available for the entire week. The judge paused, took a look my direction and said the magic words, "Okay, you are excused." I couldn't believe it, I was actually going to be able to go home. I thank the Lord for being with today and allowing me to be home with my kids and not have to rearrange our lives for the next week !

Comments

Popular Posts