A Purging Challenge

My neighbor is taking on a "365 Days of Purging" Challenge for herself this year. She is wanting to de-clutter, reorganize and reclaim her garage. This got me thinking...this is a something I should try and do also.
So yesterday being the 1st day of the year I started to purge away ! Last night while the boys were having a "camp out" in the playroom I went through all our clothes. I ended up with 2 large black garbage bags to donate plus 2 smaller target size bags! It felt great to have the dresser drawers look neater and my side of the closet is much lighter.
Today I have taken on the project of organizing the closet in our bedroom. It has been quite a task and has taken me the better part of the day. (in fact I still have a small section to do when I am done here) The result is wonderful ! The closet is better organized, I found $4 on the shelf (yoohoo) and I have created a new project for myself...getting our pre-digital photos into albums. I would love to be able to scrap them, but realistically I know I can't get to them all. So at least having them in an album to enjoy is better than having them sit in a box in the closet.
Thanks my good neighbor for being an inspiration !

Comments

  1. You're welcome! I had no idea that it would have an influence on anyone else. I honestly got the idea from another blog that I read on LifeHacker about simpler living. Now you can encourage me to keep going on the days that I just don't want to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts